Do you have a shower head that leaves you less than satisfied at the end of your shower? Perhaps a small little nozzle that shoots about 3 or 4 little streams of water that hit one part of your body, leaving the rest of your body untouched and cold?
…One that should have about 50 mini-sprays, but less than half of them actually spray out any water because they’re covered up with “gunk” and calcium?
…Or, a shower head that should provide a wide amount of coverage but just trickles out with almost no pressure?
If you said yes to any of those, or anything like it, it’s time you scrap that old shower head for one that provides you the luxurious, relaxing, spa-like shower you deserve!
Today’s best rain shower heads on the market will do just that. You can have feelings of rejuvenation and relaxation while standing under generous streams of water that cover your entire body, falling down gently from above like drops of rain.
Sound to good to be true? …It’s not, with the best rain shower heads you can choose from today.
The Best Rain Shower Heads Available
I’ve compared the best rain shower heads available and divided them into 3 separate comparison charts below, based on quality: 1)Basic, 2)Mid-Range, and 3)Luxury…
Basic Rain Shower Heads:
|Vida Alegria Rainforest Shower Head - This model has many great reviews and provides exceptional value for the price||14 inch x 8 inch rectangular||$||5.0|
|Artbath 12 inch Square Rainfall Shower Head - wall or ceiling mounted, stainless steel construction with chrome finish, slim 2mm thickness design||12 inch square||$||5.0|
|Aquafaucet 10 inch Square Ceiling Mount Rainfall Shower Head - wall or ceiling mounted, stainless steel construction||10 inch square||$||5.0|
|HotelSpa 10" LED-Lit Rainfall Shower Head with 15" Adjustable Arm - arm and fittings are made of ABS (plastic) and chrome coated, LED light changes color with the temperature of the water||10 inch round||$||3.6|
Mid-Range Rain Shower Heads:
|Kohler K-13692-BN Round Rain Shower Head - ceiling or wall mounted, available in 6 finishes, spray nozzles and surface resistant to mineral buildup||8 inch round||$$$||5.0|
|Hansgrohe Raindance 240 Air Shower Head - wall mounted, high-quality solid brass construction, air injection into each water droplet||10 inch x 6 inch rectangle||$$$||5.0|
|Moen S6360EPBN Eco-Performance Single-Function Rainshower Shower Head with Immersion Technology||8 inch square||$$$||4.4|
|Delta 57740-SS Raincan Shower Hand - wall mounted, comes with shower arm, sleek geometric design||8 inch square||$$$||4.4|
Luxury Rain Shower Heads:
|Hansgrohe Raindance 180 Air Shower Head - ceiling mounted, high-quality solid brass construction, air injection into each water droplet||7 inch round||$$$$||5.0|
|Kohler K-13692-BN Round Rain Shower Head - ceiling mounted, available in 5 finishes, extra large head provides maximum coverage, nozzles and surface resistant to mineral buildup||12 inch round||$$$$||5.0|
|Atlantis 9 Oil-Rubbed Bronze Rain Shower System - includes solid brass valve, adjustable hand held, hose, and slide bar (not only shower head, everything you need included)||10 inch round||$$$$||4.2|
|Hansgrohe Raindance E420 Air 2-Jet Shower Head with Arm - wall mounted, *requires two supply lines, *requires iBox Universal Plus Rough 01850181 for behind-the-wall installation (sold separately), available in 3 finishes||17 inch x 8 1/2 inch rectangular||$$$$$||5.0|
|Hansgrohe PuraVida 400 Shower Head with Ceiling Mount - high-quality solid brass construction, air-injection technology creates droplets that feel like real rain, includes 4 inch ceiling mount arm||15 inch x 10 inch||$$$$$||4.8|
What Is A Rainfall Shower Head?
A rainfall shower head (also known as rainshower head, or rain shower head) is a shower head that is larger in size than the average shower head, allowing for more spray holes that provide a wider area of coverage on your body when showering. Also, they typically emit a more gentle flow of water than traditional shower heads, mimicking the feel of rain falling softly from the sky.
Some higher-end models have a pulse mechanism or air-injection system that cause the water spray to form into droplets, more closely resembling actual rain. And even higher-end models offer features including pulsating massage jets, LED lights, and high-flow or water-saving modes.
The majority of rain shower head models are designed to replace your existing shower head protruding from the wall of your shower (most common). These require little DIY experience, needing only to unscrew the existing shower head, apply some new teflon thread tape, and then screw on the new rainfall shower hear. Some rain shower heads are ceiling-mounted designs that aim straight down, providing a more realistic rain experience…These connect to plumbing coming down from the ceiling, which isn’t very common, and would require a plumber or mid/high level of DIY experience to complete.
As far as design goes, you’ll find a wide variety of shapes (circular, square, etc), sizes, sleek vs. rustic, and available in all of your typical finishes like chrome, oil-rubbed bronze, and stainless steel.
Here, in the video below, is just one example of the many types of rain shower heads you can purchase today.
The rainshower head shown in the video above, the Moen S6345 Square Velocity, can be found here on Amazon.
The Benefits Of Rain Shower Heads
- Helps you enjoy a soothing & relaxing shower – A luxurious shower experience can rejuvenate you and set a great tone for the rest of your day. You don’t have to shower under a harsh stream of water coming from just a few jets, or barely get covered by the water coming out of the head. With a rain shower head, you can have a spa-like experience at home every day.
- Adds style and sophistication to your shower – This one’s simple…they look great, adding a modern, sleek touch to your bathroom. And if it’s in a bathroom guests use, they’ll be quite impressed.
- Provides more coverage – don’t you hate the feeling of warmth from the shower on one side of your body but cold on the side not under the small stream of water coming out of the shower head? With the right rain shower head, your whole body can be drenched in a hot, relaxing flow of water.
- More advanced models give additional shower options – If you want the best of the best, you can have features that provide even more realistic rain-like experiences. Air-injection and pulse features provide massage-like streams of water. Some have various modes that allow you to choose either high-flows of water for a downpour of water, or low-flows if you want to save water. Some even offer fancy bells & whistles like LED lighting.
Which Rain Shower Head Is Best For Me?
In short, it’s impossible to say which is “best” for your specific situation, since there are so many variables to keep in mind. But, here are some points to consider that will help you make the decision of which one is best for you:
- Size – This is one of those cases in life where size truly does matter! Bigger is better, giving you more body coverage. The better heads are 8-10″ in diameter and larger.
- Wall or ceiling mount – Will you be retrofitting your existing shower head protruding from the wall, or installing a rain shower head coming straight down from the ceiling above? In our reviews, we’ve listed which option each model allows for.
- Spray features – They range from simple rain shower heads with one spray and flow rate, to more advanced models that give you the option to change to other settings like massage, water-saver, drenching, or mist sprays
- Style & finish – You will likely want to match the finish of existing fixtures & hardware in your bathroom. Whether they’re chrome, brass, brushed nickel, stainless steel, or oil-rubbed bronze, there is a rain shower head to match!
- Quality – Last but certainly not least, pay attention to the quality of the product. Price isn’t everything, but you usually get what you pay for…so don’t be surprised if the cheaper rain shower heads don’t provide an amazing experience. It’s highly recommended that you scan through the customer reviews on Amazon to see the experience other buyers have had with the models you’re considering. Make this a one-time purchase that you’re pleased with!